Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"I am going through heaps of “lasts”."

June 26, 2011

Hello from Paralowie.

Man I was reading Jarom’s email. Indian is way more intense than Australia. It is pretty Americanized. The culture is pretty much the same. We had a pretty good week. Probably the most exciting thing is that we set another baptism date with a guy named Chandra. He is from Bhutan. He had read most of the bible back in Nepal. His families’ faith since coming to Australia has dwindled concerning Hinduism. So he will have less family pressure. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has pressure from his peers. We will help him out. We have given his some time to prepare him for his baptism. This will be on August 27 because he doesn’t have a solid Christian background. He hasn’t attended church yet, so these are the things we are working on with him. Really nice guy, his brother Prem has been to church a few times. Also Jaylan and Tiara are still both solid for their baptism on August 13th. We found them through our work with the less actives.

I am going through heaps of “lasts”. My last dinner date with so and so. My last time going on tradeoff to this area. My last training meeting. I am battling that at the moment. Trying to purge the thought that I only have two weeks left. June is almost over, shucks. I am just staying connected to my purpose and trying to leave this area better than I found it. We have a flowing teaching pool. We are successfully dropping the dead weight and picking up new investigators quite successfully. We have been working heaps with the members. The zone is doing quite well. Everyone had good weeks. Many referrals and new investigators.

I am going to go now.

Love you all heaps

-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment