Thursday, July 16, 2009

First Letters from Braden!

July 8, 2009

Dear Family,

I am here in one piece. I have all my luggage. I arrived late and couldn't find my companion for awhile. Sat in classes all day. They are gonna mold me into a servant of God, that's for sure. I just did a tour and now settling down. Gonna try and sleep at 10:30. There was a lot to swallow today, but once it becomes habit things will fly by. I'll set up my email sometime. I love you, pray for me. I depart July 27th for ADELAIDE AUSTRALIA!

Elder Montgomery


July 9, 2009

Dear Family,

Today was my first full day of my mission. It was really spiritual - five times better than the first day. I am in classes most of the day, learning and learning. Said a prayer in a large group meeting. It will be exciting to artificially teach a lesson. It will be a unique experience to gauge where I am on how effective I will be as a missionary so far. It will probably be tough. I am a greeny of the greeny's. The food is good. Staying away from the chocolate milk lest I become addicted and gain weight like so many elders have. Its fun to hear the different languages. Me and my companion Elder Spencer have made up a German sounding language to speak so we feel cool like the other elders. Today was long but that's what it will take to be prepared to be an effective missionary. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment