Monday, April 26, 2010

"Today is my birthday for everyone in America."

April 26, 2010

Hello from Mt Gambier!

Today is my birthday for everyone in America. I celebrated my birthday yesterday since I am a day ahead of you all. We had a big family home evening at a member’s home. We had two non-members there, a recent convert and a less active as well as some active members. They surprised me with a cake which I did not see coming. We had two investigators at church this Sunday. One forever investigator named Hilda Kelly, the ward thought she was going to be baptized, and she is even on the ward role. But her partner came home from prison is not a very humble person. He will not allow her to be baptized. She hadn’t come to church in months so it was good to see her there. I wish this Sunday wasn’t stake conference for us. Some less actives were willing to come to church this coming Sunday but the big meeting in Adelaide ruins it. Heaps of people should be coming back to church on the 9th of May if they walk the talk. We shall see. We are organizing a missionary fireside for the 24th of May. We are getting members to speak. It is in planning but I have been told numerous times on my mission that I look like Joseph Smith; we are going to do a narration and me acting out the first vision as Joseph Smith. I think they say that because I am also American. This should be an interesting.

The focus I am teaching for the people in Mt Gambier is the temple. We are planning a big temple trip at the end of July. We are going to rent a bus and travel to Adelaide. This is excellent because sometimes people need a date that they can see and work towards. This will be the best way to increase spirituality in the ward. They need to be more constant at attending the temple but because they are 5 hours away from the temple that makes it difficult for many people. This is what the ward needs. This helps us out with recent converts and less actives. All principles of the gospel lead them to the temple. We will motivate them to grasp the blessings that Heavenly Father has for them and their family. We will teach people to prepare them for the temple.

Since yesterday was ANZAC day and everyone is home we are going to have P-day today. And i have no idea what we are going to do. I have seen the Blue Lake, yes it is a big lake that is very blue. And also Valley lake. But i have not been to any of the caves. There is like an under city in Mt Gambier with tunnels and caves underneath. Maybe we will go see some today. Got to go. Love you heaps

-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment