Friday, January 29, 2010

"One of my favourite things about being a missionary is seeing the change in people."

January 25, 2010

Hello from Murray Bridge!
The biggest news in Murray Bridge is that Christina Scott and Bart Harrison are going to be baptized this Saturday. Bart just committed to be baptized on Sunday at church. We have heaps of work to do. This is going to be a crazy week. Christina is a 9 year old girl; she will count towards the mission. Her mom is now active in the church. I have not yet met the father.
Kevin is sweet. One of my favourite things about being a missionary is seeing the change in people. Kevin for the first time came to church in a white shirt and tie. Kevin helped bless the sacrament. He is exercising his priesthood and is planning on going to the temple on February 5th.
Lily and June are getting prepared for their holiday to China, they will celebrate their Chinese new year, and Lily is going to get married to her Boyfriend in China. I think I will be transferred by the time they come back. But they are the most fellowshipped investigators I have ever seen. The members know her, she will be baptized.
Michael and Leigh are progressing. They were intending on getting married in a month or two. But their 7 year old daughter is going to have surgery on her hip in a couple of weeks and will have to learn how to walk again. She will be in a rehab for 3-6 months. So they will not get baptized until the end of this year I reckon.
Beth is a old woman who lives out bush, her “house” could be found in a third world country. She believes the church is true, but she has heaps of questions. She likes how we do not pressure her. She should be baptized this year; it will be a longer process.
The Murray Bridge branch goal this year is 8 baptisms in 2010. By the end of this month of January we will be at 3. We are off to a good start.
Yuma sounds intense! 2 inches of rain and a threat of tornadoes? That is crazy.
Sister Adams is a very nice lady. She is driving Lily in June to Adelaide, so they can fly to Melbourne to China, she is willing to wake up at 5 in the morning and drive all the way to Adelaide for them. Very nice lady. She is one the original members in Murray Bridge, 10 years ago there was like 10 people that went to church. She was one of them. Her son Connor is pretty cool, we take him out to go teaching with us sometimes, he is a prospective Elder.
You best give those Elders a good feed tonight. Any family member or friend who reads this letter best be feeding the missionaries. I and Elder Tuala are going to play cricket with Luke and Carly and other potential investigators. I have been practicing my bowling in Cricket, I am not too bad. I love Cricket; I wish it was in America. I can spin the ball left and right, and do a fast bowl. I have to go. Love ya heaps.
-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment