Monday, May 23, 2011

"There was a prompting and we needed to follow it..."

May 1, 2011

Hello from Brahma Lodge!

We had a good week this week. We had a number of powerful lessons this week. One we really had to be patient and work for. We are teaching this family and we had a good discussion about temples. I wanted to help them with a vision that was past baptism. I wanted them to look towards the temple. They are excited to be sealed for time and all eternity. I felt prompted to share a certain video that was on the “Church History” DVDs under the video, “Nauvoo, a Temple Reborn”. We brought a member to the lesson and he brought the DVD. We were in the living room and ready to watch this video about temples. But the family we are teaching didn’t have a remote controller to the DVD player. We couldn’t scroll down to watch the correct video, when we pressed the button on the actual DVD player to skip chapters it went straight back to the main menu. There was a prompting and we needed to follow it and do whatever it takes to have this family watch this video. The next day we brought another member to the house and this time he brought a lap top so we could watch the DVD on that. But of course he had thought he left the DVD in the lap top but we soon found out the lap top was indeed empty. We asked the brother if he would go home to retrieve the DVD. This he did, he didn’t live too far away. He returned, put the DVD into the lap top and of course the lap top would not read the DVD. I felt beaten by this time. But one of the brothers of the family reckoned that he could work the DVD player and we would be able to watch this certain DVD. I admit I doubted he could make a difference; I had pressed every button trying to work this DVD player to make it do what I wanted it to do. This brother wasn’t home the first time we attempted to watch the video. Thankfully this young man was able to work the DVD player, he scrolled down and we finally began to watch the DVD. I don’t even know what he did differently than me but it doesn’t matter, I will take it happily. The spirit was so strong in this house as we watched that DVD. I know they felt the spirit. Opposition was so strong, definitely there was something initially keeping us from watching this DVD. But God will always win.

My companions English is great, he will have an American accent in no time.

Yes we are still in a bike area.

We were given a chicken by a member, the district had another Barbie, we are big into those at the moment, but I brought a live chicken. It took work to prepare him but we chucked him on the Barbie and ate him, even the organs. I don’t think I have actually killed, eaten or prepared anything before my mission. I think every Boy Scout should. Surely in wilderness survival you need to know how to do these things.

Thank you so much for the package mom. I am almost finished eating all of the lollies. I love Reeses. I have shared some of course.

Yes that wedding was pretty big here in Australia. These natural disasters are occurring way too quickly. Heaps of people were telling me about the Tornadoes in America. I had to tell many people I do not live near there.

I don’t know what we are going to do today for P-day. I think it will be a quiet one, I am going to get a haircut from a member for free, and that is exciting. I haven’t paid anyone to cut my hair since I was in Yuma. Usually I just cut it myself.

Love you heaps

-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment