Monday, May 23, 2011

"Elder Tad R. Callister, who is the Pacific Area President, will be visiting Adelaide this week."

May 15, 2011

Hello from Brahma Lodge!

We had a good week this week. Peter is progressing towards his baptism. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he has committed to live it. We are helping him overcome smoking. As of yesterday he hasn’t smoked for 24 hours. We will see him tomorrow and see how he is going. Peter has a friend named Thomas. After Gospel Principles class we committed Thomas to be baptized. He will be baptized In June. We are excited about Peter and Thomas. We see them just about everyday. We want them to be involved In the YSA. We have been taking members to help us teach, it is a bit more difficult to get the best I-care because we can only see Peter and Thomas during the day.

Elder Tad R Callister, who is the Pacific Area President, will be visiting Adelaide this week. I remember him giving an excellent talk about the Restoration during the beginning of my mission during General Conference. I believe he will also become apart of the presidency of the Seventy shortly. He will be holding a Missionary Fireside this Wednesday evening specifically for investigators, new members and less actives but probably more exciting for me is we have a Metro Zone Conference personally with him, except for missionaries in the Northern Territory, poor guys. We are looking forward to that.

We have been inviting members to invite some of our investigators for dinner for fellowshipping and it has been really good. I haven’t eaten anything too intense lately, no pig brain, eye ball and intestines this week. Although I did eat curry based meals twice last week.

I can’t believe Jarom is leaving soon. I remember the first hour or so after I was set apart. I was glancing at the television and realized, shoot! I am not supposed to watch that. I remember flying alone to Utah and thinking to myself this is the last time I will be alone for 2 years. I enjoyed it by eating at the burger king in the air port. It will be weird for me to drive a vehicle back on the right side and also to be driving a vehicle alone. There will be some changes for me when I do come back. Especially hearing my first name, I imagine I will get use to that pretty quick. I want to serve a mission for sure when I am older. And with my wife. That is my long term goal one day. I love missionary work.

I am going to go now. We are going to have a Zone P-day. Because the Wyhalla missionaries are down for the metro conference. We are going to play a big game of touch rugby. One half of the Zone against the other. I am the only American in the district, the rest are islanders and one other Australian. We are going to own.

Love you heaps

Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment