Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I love eating Kangaroo"

Hello from Brahma Lodge!

Concerning people I have contacted this week, this will be of interest to Jarom. We were going through a “Former Investigators” list, the particular family we were after had moved, we were walking down the stairs and walking away from the complex. Then we saw a man sitting at his computer inside his flat. So we felt prompted to knocks on his door. It was a man from Bhutan; he is a refugee and lived in Nepal for 20 years. His parents were killed when he was only 9 years old. His siblings are allocated all over the world. He is also recently divorced. We left with this man Mormon.org and we gave him our office number and never really expected much potential with him, he was not completely receptive to Christianity. The next day we received a call from the office, the man wanted us to visit him that day. He said he wants to come to God. So that was a pleasant turn around. We taught him twice this week and he attended church. Unfortunately he is moving to Port Adelaide this week. Although it doesn’t matter because we are all on the same team. We will refer him to the missionaries in that area.

Yes we do have plenty of invites for tea now. When I came into the area we had two tea dates a week, the worst amount in my mission. Now we have a tea date 6 or 7 times a week. I have gained a couple of Ks on my mission; I think I have already told you that. I have lost 2 Ks since coming down from Darwin, I think this transfer though I do not believe I have lost weight. We have had some pretty good feeds lately. I love eating Kangaroo; it is also a very healthy meat. Whether it is Kangaroo Burgers, steaks or sausages, it is all good.

We haven’t really planned what we are going to do today. We will probably go to the church and play volleyball or something.

Love you heaps

-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment