Sunday, November 7, 2010

"...if we are obedient and diligent, a miracle will happen."

November 8, 2010

Hello from Mt Gambier!

My new companion is Elder Rea. He is from Queensland. If I ever visit Australia again I will be set if I stay in Queensland, I have had 4 companions from that state. He actually was trained here about 10 months ago in Mt Gambier but now he has returned. Elder Clark and I had knocked on a door and found a potential investigator about two weeks ago. Elder Rea 10 months ago had also knocked on this same door and this same family were potential investigators. We finally set an appointment with them with the intentions of having a discussion. The wife has some questions that she wants to ask us. We certainly love answering questions. That is one of my favourite things being a missionary is being able to help people by answering their questions, revealing to them the truth. This couples name is Irene and Nick. Irene is from Holland, Nick is Aussie.

This week we struggled to have teaching opportunities with our potential investigators to progress them. Hopefully this week will be different. We have been Co-ordinating with our Ward Mission Leader to attach them to members as soon as possible.

If we do everything right, if we are obedient and diligent, a miracle will happen. Abraham was completely obedient, he did not know what to expect, God commanded him to prepare an altar for a sacrifice and then sacrifice his only son. Isaac inquired to his father, where is the lamb for the slaughter? Abraham replied, “The Lord will himself provide for a lamb”. It wasn’t until Abraham was about to slay his son through obedience that an angel came down and saved the lad. And then they saw a ram caught in a thicket and proceeded to sacrifice it instead of Isaac. I have a testimony that if I am obedient, I wake up on time, I study, I go finding consistently and I say my prayers. God will trust me with one of his elect who are prepared to receive the restored gospel. God will provide for me a lamb to teach. God will provide a lamb for me to invite to be baptised. I have seen it on my mission. I haven’t been able to do anything the Lord hasn’t provided for me. Most recently this was the Morris Family. Sister Morris for the first time in her life, 30 years in the church, (past 11 years she was less active, 4 years lost sheep) got up on fast and testimony meeting and said she finally has a testimony that the church is true. God’s hand is in this work. I just have to patient to receive what he wants me to receive. Obedience cannot be compromised.

Love you all heaps

-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment