Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Do not be afraid to email me."

October 12, 2009

Hello from Australia!
It was a great feeling to see all my old friends in my old area. I am the worst missionary at taking pictures I think. There seems to be not enough time for that. I would take pictures on P-day, but it is raining here again. It’s crazy it was just warming up this week, and we thought it would rain no more and be the desert Adelaide is advertised to be. But it is cold and raining off and on again. But the heat will come; people talk about it all the time. I will attempt to take more pictures.

I have that feeling of amazement being on a mission all the time. Of actually doing it, I am a missionary. I feel like this is the climax of my life so far. I have worked the majority of my life to get here. I can say it was a good decision for everything I did. I want to thank you for giving me support throughout my life. I can’t believe it is October; I got my call in February. That is just insane; February is just around the corner. My mission is going heaps fast. I remember the ¾ months I had to wait to finally leave for my mission. That was the slowest span of 3 months of my life. The opposite has occurred on my mission. This has been the fastest 3 months of my life.

I have never met Elder Marsden. Elders that get called up north, stay up north for a long time, to save airline costs. So I probably will not see him for a while. But he is a younger missionary so I will see him eventually. He probably heard of me the same way I have heard of him. By you talking on the missionary moms list.
I have all the music on a MP3 disc that I burned. So I am okay. It’s easy to get music. Also I can just get a member to burn Elder Holland’s talk on a DVD. Or I can lead them to LDS.org. That was a great talk by Elder Holland! Oh my goodness. I have already committed a less active bloke right after I watched conference yesterday to watch that talk on the internet. I am so going to use it for numerous people who would need to hear this talk. I am sure Dad gave a really good talk, sad I missed it.

Okay I will start thinking about what I could get you all for the holidays. Missionaries do not bring back didgeridoos when they go home, they are not very popular. They just sit on a corner of your house, and I could make one, it just wouldn’t have the pretty designs. That and they are expensive. I hear that there are heaps of didgeridoos left up north in missionaries flats, they just leave them. But if you really want one, I will come home with one. I will get you guys something for the holidays, but remember who it is who is shopping.
Yay Cibola beat Kofa. Good on them. I hope people will stop being stingy with their money and invest on my puppies. I am sure they are cute, I am not sure how people could resist. Perhaps dad should have mentioned something over the pulpit. Just kidding.

How exciting I am going to have another nephew in a month or so. I can’t wait for the news. Geesh my family is always going to Disneyland. That’s really good Tanner is helping you with the puppies, I kind of feel bad I left you with that burden.
I do not want anything particular from Disneyland. Maybe something I can give to an African family or something.

Things are going great here in Adelaide. I have never been so excited for Conference. I enjoyed watching that just yesterday. I got Tammy, Anthony and Robert to come and hear a prophet’s voice. Anthony and Roberts baptism is this coming Sunday! We have taught them everything, so now we are just reviewing. Last night we watched the movie “The Testaments” with them. So that was really good, help them understand the relationship and time line of the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I love seeing the transformation of people. Anthony has shaved most of his beard. Just a bit left on his chin and upper lip. He has taken one ear ring off and only has one ear ring left. And he now has an old suit our Elders quorum president gave to Anthony. Anthony bought a white shirt and is looking great. Tammy and Anthony will be married in December. Anthony’s five girls will not move in with them in the near future, but eventually.

This week we are going to work heaps hard. Get as many members involved and have them go teaching with us. Last week the whole stake went on Trek. They all went out bush and pulled handcarts just like the Mormon pioneers. So they were all at this stake activity for a week. We want to finish this transfer up strong. I can’t believe there is only one week left of this transfer. This 2nd transfer went heaps fast.

I love you all heaps. Do not be afraid to email me.
-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment