Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"I can't believe I am almost out one year..."

June 15, 2010

Hello from Mt Gambier!

We had our most successful day on Sunday at church the other day. We had 5 less actives at church as well as 4 investigators. We set a baptism date this last week with Mitchel for the 20th of June so that is very exciting. Also something exciting is that the family from Naracoorte attended church for the first time since they have been in contact with missionaries. The two kids Dayshun and Tayla want to be baptized, i reckon in two weeks at the end of this transfer, we have taught them everything except the Law of Tithing. We taught a lesson in the gosple principles class and i can quote Debbie, the less active mother from Naracoorte saying after class, “Thanks Elder that gave me a lot to think about, i need to come to church more often.” I am really glad they enjoyed church, they had to travel one hour to church, they only know us and one other family, and they were even away this long weekend in Geelong. It took a lot of courage and faith for them to come to church, a good sacrifice. Also the bishops 14 year old daughter brought her best friend Niki to church.

I can't beleive I am almost out one year, I think back what I was doing two years ago today and it feels like that wasn’t too long ago. At first sacrificing two years to do missionary work seemed daunting. But now that i am in full force engaged to it, it is going by too fast! This is nothing, but everything. It really is the climax of my life.

Have to go now. Love you all heaps

-Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment